Creating Web Driver Test
Step 1: Test Setup
- Define a Test Name to your test script, this name will be used in reporting page as it’s and all metrics will be shown as aggregated under it.
- Implement the test script.
- If you want to add another test script, click the “Add New WebDriver Setup” button. You may create as many script as you want. Scripts will be executed by their order in the screen.
Step 2: Basic Settings
You need to configure those parameters before starting your performance test.
- Engine Count: This parameter let you create engines on Loadium’s server aligned with its subscription type. The parameter is 1 by default. You can change your subscription type by going to this web site.
- Thread Count: This parameter let you define thread number to create in each Engine generated. Maximum thread count per engine is 500 by default.
- Ramp Up Time: This parameter let you define the total time for all Threads to start. Example: In case you have 500 threads and 10seconds ramp-up time. For every second, 50 thread will be generated by Loadium.
- Iteration: This parameter defines the number of iterations for every threads to execute the test scripts.
- Duration: This parameter defines test time for Loadium to execute. Textbox or sliders can be used to manipulate those values.
Important Notes: Test execution time of a script is defined by Duration or Iteration parameters. In case not all iterations are completed during the defined “Duration”, test execution will stop. Same rule apply vice versa. If all “Iterations” are completed before defined “Duration” test will stop.
Step 3 : APM Tools
Loadium is integrated with Application Performance Monitoring tools. As of today, Loadium is integrated with New Relic and App Dynamics. You should provide New Relic API key or App Dynamics’s credentials to Loadium. By doing so, you’ll be able to select which components and its metrics to monitor during test execution.
More than one APM tool can be added to a performance test. You may find detailed information on APM Integrations page.